+ FARM CREW OPENINGS +
Good Seed Garden is a non-certified organic market garden operating on less than one acre in Waldron, IN.
We run a CSA, sell at a local farmer's market, online through Market Wagon, Hoosier Harvest Market, and our website, and to local restaurants.
We grow everything organically with no herbicide or pesticide use and are transitioning to a low/no till format.
We are looking to add laying hens and meat birds to our operation this year.
We have one to two positions to fill with the purpose of each position is to assist in the day to day tasks required to keep the farm running. It will start at the beginning of April and end at the end of September.
These jobs require attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently. The work schedule of each position is an average of 10 hours a week, with the possibility of more.
Job 1- Do deliveries and daily activities on the farm and help with the farm stand at the farmers market.
Three days a week- Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday- at $7.50 an hour.
Job 2- Help harvest and process produce and help out with the farm stand at the farmers market.
Three days a week- Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday- at 7.50 an hour.
We offer a somewhat flexible schedule that works with whether you are a morning person or not.
Compensation: $7.50/hour with produce and a possible end of season bonus based on overall sales.
If your internship for a college or program has certain requirements, we will do our best to meet those requirements and needs.
We are looking for:
Individuals who are...
- Communicate well and are honest
- Considerate of others
- Thoughtful and detail oriented
- Creative- looking for ways to make the farm more efficient
- Able to maintain a positive attitude through repetitive and mundane tasks
- Flexible and adaptive to changes in duties and schedules
- Open to constructive feedback.
- Tolerant of adverse weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Helping out wherever needed.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Seeding, transplanting, trellising, and greenhouse work.
- Harvesting, washing, and packing of crops for CSA, online orders, and markets
- Weeding and cultivation.
- Maintenance of grounds and worksite infrastructure.
- Making deliveries to local restaurants.
- Keep all farm areas clean and organized(return tools to the original place, harvest bins, or any item used that day)
- Attend weekly farmers markets
Please email a resume and cover letter and two references with contact information.